Graduated in June 2011
Doctoral Thesis Project
Towards autonomous soft matter systems: experiments on membranes and active emulsions
Doctoral Thesis Committee
- 10/2007-06/2011 Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization / University of Göttingen / GGNB program Physics of Biological and Complex Systems
- 01/2003-12/2004 University of Toronto, Canada, Master, Mechanical Engineering, thesis: "Smart Sensor Array - Spot Assessment of DNA Microarrays in Real Time"
- 08/1997-08/2001 Bangalore University, India, Bachelor, Electronics Engineering
- Rotation based microfluid sampler for particle separation and sample preparation (USPTO 20070224591)
- A novel microfluidic system for droplet generation and manipulation (Pending)
- Separation based microchip with integrated optical detection (Pending)
- Alternative injection schemes for on-chip electrophoresis (3 Patents Pending)
- Thutupalli S, Herminghaus S, Seemann R. Bilayer membranes in microfluidics: from gel emulsions to soft functional devices. Soft Matter. 2011;7:1312-1320.
- van den Bogaart G, Thutupalli S, Risselada JH, Meyenberg K, Holt M, Riedel D, Diederichsen U, Herminghaus S, Grubmüller H, Jahn R. Synaptotagmin-1 may be a distance regulator acting upstream of SNARE nucleation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011 Jun 5. [Epub ahead of print]
Fellowships, Awards, Memberships
- 2007-2008 Max Planck Fellowship