Curriculum Invoking Bologna-aligned Education Leading to reform in Environmental StudiesThe CIBELES project aims at professionalizing Higher Education and particularly environmental studies within three areas of specialisation through the implementation of the Bologna Process at all three levels, BA-MA and PhD. It will foster as well the cooperation between EU and Central Asia in the field of environmental studies and prepare future managers and specialists in Central Asia in order to protect in a more effective way their environment.
The specific project objectives thus are:
- to implement the full Bologna process in environmental studies in at least three countries of Central Asia and Georgia with full info-kit towards Bologna implementation for Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
- to reform curricula in three distinctive areas at BA level (forestry, industrial safety and water and soil environmental science)
- to create a Master in environmental protection
- to create 21 new doctoral schools in those three specialisation areas in Central Asia and Georgia
- to improve the training skills of 120 teachers
- to form 480 BA students and 150 MA students during the pilot project in first year of new courses
- to improve the employability of the students
- to prepare joint master and phd diplomas between EU and Central Asian partners in the field of environmental studies
- to prepare 5 centers of accreditation in ISO 14000