Seminar für Englische Philologie
Issue of November 22nd, 2012
- A warm welcome to Wilhelm Geuder, who is our Visiting Syntax Professor this Winter Semester.
- Sarah Zobel succesfully defended her doctoral disertation, entitled Impersonally Interpreted Personal Pronouns, Congratulations, Sarah!
- A revised version of Mingya Liu's dissertation is currently in print as: Multidimensional Semantics of Evaluative Adverbs. In: von Heusinger, Klaus and Ken Turner (Eds.), Current Research in the Semantics/pragmatics Interface, Volume 26.
- Regine Eckardt has given a talk on "Why free indirect discourse is not quoting" at a Workshop on Quotation, held at Bochum university on September 27-29
- Paula Menendez-Benito presented a poster (joint work with Luis Alonso-Ovalle) at Sinn und Bedeutung 17 in Paris. The title of the presentation was "Expresing Random Choice: Spanish uno cualquiera"
- On Tuesday November 13, Ryan Bochnak (University of Chicago) gave a talk entitled "Innovating Locative Comparisons" in the Oberseminar of the English department.
- On Thursday November 15, Björn Rothstein (Uni Bochum) gave a talk entitled. "Gibt es ein Doppelfutur im Deutschen?" Time and place: Medienraum, Seminar für Deutsche Philologie (Käte-Hamburger-Weg 3, Raum 1.245), 16.15-17.45.