Dr. Debosree Banerjee was a GlobalFood member from 2011-2014. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
NIAS-UNDP fellow, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India
- 2011- 2014: PhD candidate in Economics, University Goettingen, Germany (Topic: Agricultural commercialization and Gender)
- 2009-2011: MA in Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan. (M.A. Thesis: Investigating the role of women in children’s human capital development: Evidence from India).
- 2005-2007: M.Phil in Economics, Centre for International Trade and Development (CITD), School of International Studies (SIS), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), India. (M.Phil. Thesis: Health Inputs, Health Outcomes and Economic Performance: Evidence from Indian States).
- 2003-2005: MA in Economics (with specialization on World Economy), Centre for International Trade and Development (CITD), School of International Studies (SIS), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), India.
- 2000-2003: B.Sc. in Economics, Calcutta University, India.
- Scholarship from Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, University of Tsukuba, Japan (2009-2011).
- Fellowship for MPhil in Economics from University Grant Commission, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India (2005-2007).
- Research Associate (2011-onwards), GRK 166, GlobalFood, Department for Agricultural Economics and Rural Development Georg-August-University Goettingen, Germany.
- Research Associate (2008-2009), Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER), New Delhi, India.
- Research Associate (2007), Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), New Delhi, India.
- Research Assistant (2005 – 2006), Rajeev Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi, India.
- Development Economics
- Banerjee, D. (2014). Essays on women?s empowerment in developing countries. PhD thesis, Faculty of Economic Sciences. University of Goettingen. http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-1735-0000-0023-98F7-7.
- Banerjee, D. (2014). Ethnicity and gender differences in risk, ambiguity attitude. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 42. http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Banerjee, D., S. Klasen, M. Wollni (2014). Market discrimination, market participation and control over revenue: Evidence form Cameroon?s cocoa producers. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 43. http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.