Dr. Cristina Romero was a GlobalFood member from 2012-2015. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Lecturer, Escuela Politecnica Nacional, Quito, Ecuador.
- 2012-2015: PhD candidate in Agricultural Economics, Georg-August University, Germany
- 2009-2011: MSc. Sustainable International Agriculture. Georg-August University, Göttingen – Universidad de Talca, Chile.
Thesis: Standards and Contractual relations between small farmers and exporters in the Northern Part of Costa Rica.
- 2000 – 2006: Agro-Industrial Engineering (focus on food processing). Escuela Politecnica Nacional. Quito, Ecuador.
- DAAD Tandem reporter at ANUGA 2011. Köln – Germany.
- TROPENTAG conference, “Development on the margin”. Poster presentation
- Summer school: “Future of Food”. University of Kassel , Germany
- Participant 7th Science, Technology and Innovation International Fair, Quito - Ecuador
D2 (Link): Spillovers to product and factor markets.
Supervisor: J.-Prof. Dr. Meike Wollni.
Institutional Economics, Global value chains, Formal and informal governance structures, Contracts, Behavior.
- Dr. Cristina Maria Romero Granja (2015). An analysis of the dynamics of two high-value export chains: smallholder participation, standards and trust. http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-1735-0000-0023-3D9F-6
- Romero, C., M. Wollni (2014). Supplier dynamics in horticultural export chains - Evidence from Ecuador. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 50. www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
Spanish, English, German (basic)