Dr. Conrad Murendo was a GlobalFood member from 2012-2015. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Special Project Scientist (Monitoring and Evaluation) at ICRISAT, Bulawayo in Zimbabwe.
Doctoral Researcher (Subproject D2 (Link): Spillovers to Labor Markets)
- Certificate in Agriculture, Mlezu College (Zimbabwe)
- Diploma in Agriculture, Chibero College (Zimbabwe)
- BSc Agricultural Economics, University of Zimbabwe
- MSc Agricultural Economics, University of Hohenheim (Germany)
- Spillovers to product and factor markets
- RTG GlobalFood (October 2012-2015)
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) (2004-2007 and 2010-2012)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Zimbabwe (1999-2004)
- Impact evaluation
- Linking small farmers to markets
- Poverty and social policies
- Food security and nutrition
- Climate change
- Adoption of agricultural technologies
a) Peer-reviewed publications or book chapters
- Dr. Conrad Murendo (2015). Mobile money adoption and household welfare in Uganda. Phd Thesis.
- Ndlovu, P.V., K. Mazvimavi, H. An, C. Murendo (2014). Productivity and efficiency analysis of maize under conservation agriculture in Zimbabwe. Agricultural Systems 124, 21-31.
b) Other publications
- Murendo, C., M. Wollni, A. de Brauw, N. Mugabi (2015). Social network effects on mobile money adoption in Uganda. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 58, University of Göttingen. www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.