Ph.D. Program Applied Statistics and Empirical MethodsThe Centre for Statistics offers an international and interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.
Important note: Students will have to find a supervisor and funding for their thesis project before applying. The supervisor has to be a member of the Centre for Statistics. A list of the members of the Centre for Statistics can be found here.
If you already have a supervisor from the Centre for Statistics and want to apply, please contact email@example.com for further information.
The Ph.D. program is especially designed for
- Ph.D. students who are interested in a statistical or empirical PhD project
- Ph.D. students who's supervisor is a member of the Centre for Statistics
- sound knowledge of basic statistics and methodology (30 ECTS or equivalent; with 15 ECTS a conditional admission is possible)
- adequate skills in English language (language requirements)
- a Master or Diploma (or equivalent) in one of the following fields:
- agricultural sciences
- computer sciences
- forest sciences
- social sciences
Ph.D. students from Georg-August-University Göttingen and other Universities, who need further skills in statistical or empirical methods for their project and are not eligible for the Ph.D. Program can apply for the Certificate Programm in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods. This also applies for students from research training groups (Graduiertenkollegs) since they are already enroled in a Ph.D. program.
Postdocs and non-academic professionals, who want to acquire further skills in statistical or empirical methods can also apply for the Certificate Program in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods.
The study program:
In total 27 credit points will be accumulated. These credits will be gained by passing courses oin the following areas:
- at least 12 ECTS on statistical methodology
- at least 4 ECTS on specialisation courses
- research seminars (4 ECTS)
- summer schools and conferences (3 ECTS)
- key competencies (4 ECTS)
For further information about the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.