Dr. Ute Rink
Ute Rink works as a research associate at the Research Centre Poverty Equity and Growth and the Chair of Development Economics (Prof. Stephan Klasen, PhD.), at the Georg-August-University of Göttingen since October 2013. She was a visiting researcher at the University of California Berkeley between August 2015 and June 2016.
Ute Rink received her PhD in economics in 2014 from the University of Wuppertal where she worked at the Chair of Industrial Organization and Innovation as a research associate with Prof. Dr. Werner Bönte.
- Development Economics
- Household Finance
Articles in peer-reviewed journals:
- Steinert J., Zenker J., Filipiak U., Movsisyan A., Cluver L., Shenderovich Y. (2017). Do Saving Promotion Interventions Help Alleviate Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. World Development, 104: 238-256.
- Boente W., Filipiak U. and Lombardo S. (2017). Get in with a Foreigner: Consumer Trust in Domestic and Foreign Banks. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 9(6): 38-51.
- Filipiak U. (2016). Gender differences in financial performance: New empirical evidence. Applied Economics Letters, 23(17): 1238-1243.
- Filipiak U. (2016). Trusting Financial Institutions: Out of Reach, out of Trust? Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 59: 200-214.
- Boente W. and Filipiak U. (2012). Financial Literacy, Information Flows and Caste Affiliation: Empirical Evidence from India. Journal of Banking and Finance, 63(12): 3399 - 3414.
- Female empowerment, cultural effects and savings: Empirical evidence from India (with Antonia Grohmann and Franziska Heyerhorst). Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 234.
- Get in with a Foreigner: Consumer Trust in Domestic and Foreign Banks (with Werner Bönte and Sandro Lombardo). Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 180.
- The Financial Literacy Gender Gap: A Question of Nature or Nurture? (with Yabibal Walle). Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 176.
- Financial Investments, Information Flows, and Caste Affiliation: Empirical Evidence from India (with Werner Bönte). Schumpeter Discussion Paper 2011-014.
Presentation at conferences:
- Poverty Reduction, Equity and Growth Network (PEGNet) Conference 2016 on Regional integration for Africa's economic transformation - Challenges and opportunities, Kigali, Rwanda, September, 2016.
- Development Economics Conference - Göttinger Schule, Göttingen, Germany, June, 2016.
- Conference of the International Finance and Banking Society (IFABS) Hangzhou, China, June, 2015.
- International Conference of the Courant Centre PEG, Göttingen, Germany, July, 2014.
- GdR European International Symposium on Money, Banking and Finance, Lyon, France, June, 2014.
- Special Edition Conference of the Journal of Banking and Finance "Financial Globalisation and Sustainable Finance: Implications for Policy and Practice", Cape Town, South Africa, Mai, 2013.
- 14th International Schumpeter Society Conference, Brisbane (Australia), July 2012.
- Jahrestagung des Vereins für Sozialpolitik, Frankfurt am Main, August 2011.
- 50th Conference of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA), Jönköping (Sweden), August, 2010.
- Lecture: Development Economics III (Master Course)
- Lecture: Finance and Development (Master Course)
- Lecture / Seminar: Economic Development in India (Bachelor Course)
- Lecture / Seminar: Introduction to Indian Economic Development (Bachelor Course)
- Tutorial: Industrial Organization and Innovation (Master Course)
- Tutorial: Empirical Industrial Organization (Seminar, Master Course)
- Economics III (Obligatory Course, Bachelor Course)
University of Wuppertal: