Sommer Martin, Prof. Dr. med.*
- 2010 Professor extraordinarius
- 2006 Habilitation (postdoctoral lecture qualification) for Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology
- 2005 Consultant (Oberarzt)
- 2003 Board certified Neurologist (Facharzt)
- 2001-2002 Visiting Fellow at the Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Universtiy of Hamburg ( Dr. C. Weiller, Dr. C. Büchel), project on Diffusion Tensor Imaging in persistent developmental stuttering.
- 2000 Residency in Psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry, University of Göttingen (Prof. E. Rüther).
- from 1997 on Residency and fellowship in Neurology, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Center for Neurological Medicine, University of Göttingen (Dr. W. Paulus). Clinical focus on movement disorders, studies on motor cortex excitability in movement and speech disorders.
- 1996-1997 Visiting fellow in the Human Motor Control Section, National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA (Prof. M. Hallett). Studies on implicit learning and movement planning in healthy humans and patients with movement disorders.
- 1993-1994 Academic Year at the Faculté de Médecine de Toulouse-Rangueil, France,
within the European University Exchange Program “Erasmus“
- 1989-1996 Medical Faculty, University of Aachen, Germany
Homepage Department/Research Group