Information about the Programme
Subject: Euroculture (M.A.)
Degree: Master of Arts (M.A. joint-degree)
Standard period of study: 4 semesters
Start of programme: winter semester only (October in the case of Göttingen)
Admission: admission restricted (refer to admission requirements of the Euroculture Programme)
As a graduate, I think that Euroculture is certainly an extraordinary Masters programme of a very high excellence."
Kiril Zekin, Euroculture Graduate and Ambassador
Within the Euroculture network eight renowned European universities and four excellent non-European univerisities are affiliated and work together to analyse the cultural dimensions of the European process of integration. Euroculture enables students to undertake an elaborate study of the historical, political and cultural structure of the European continent.
The Master’s Programme also meets the changing demands of the European job market. It provides the opportunity for students to prepare for fields of employment that are evolving due to the intensifying economic and political process of integration. People with a desire to work in a European or international field after their studies are able to acquire the ideal qualification for these field of employment through the Erasmus Mundus Master's Programme Euroculture. The Programme qualifies students for fields of work, within which political, cultural and historical knowledge is particularly necessary.
Due to the continuing process of European unification, we are looking for university graduates, who stand out due to their communication skills, intercultural competence and interdisciplinary know-how. By offering an interdisciplinary and international education, the Euroculture Programme supports and develops these key qualifications.
Euroculture qualifies graduates for the following fields of employment (for further details refer to the Career and Alumni section on our Consortium website):
- European institutions, non-government-organisations and non-profit groups
- National and international institutions / organisations and projects
- Embassies all over the world
- Institutions for education, research and further education
- Media, journalism, publishing and libraries
- Political parties, foundations and associations
- Design of cities and regions, local and regional cultural institutions
- Cultural management, Event management
- Museums and Exhibition Organisations
- Religious Institutes
- Guidance for migrants and foreigners
- Public relations, legal departments and human resources management in international companies
If you are interested in seeing what a graduation ceremony for Euroculture students looks like, click on the video below!