The U4 Network
- Universiteit Gent, Belgien
- Uppsala Universitet, Schweden
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Niederlande
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
What is U4?
U4 is a strategic partnership between Ghent University, the University of Göttingen, the University of Groningen, and Uppsala University.
Since 2008 the U4 network stands for a preferential partnership in international projects and for joint initiatives in higher education, research and institutional management.
To strengthen the international position of the individual institutions through intensive cooperation in Education, Research and University Management Against the background of the fast changing global and European Higher Education context characterized by an ever growing quantity of short-term and/or project oriented bilateral agreements, the U4 network is:
- Durable (long-term)
- Institutional (university-wide)
- Cross Project
- Cross Faculty (multidisciplinary).
- Quality driven.
Why Ghent, Göttingen, Groningen and Uppsala?
- U4 universities share a similar profile: multidisciplinary (fully fledged) universities
- History of Cooperation (Groningen axis)
- Reputation of excellence (cf. rankings)
- Complementary Strenghts