Child care resulting from business trips or due to participation in training and qualification courses
The University of Göttingen offers subsidies for the cost of child care resulting from business trips or due to participation in training and qualification courses. The subsidy can be used to cover child care costs that may arise during a trip and for accommodation expenses for the child and the child minder. The child care provider can be the person's partner, a child minder or a babysitter.
- Members and associates of the University (who can identify themselves through a university identity card or a visitor's card). This service is not available for students.
- Members of the Göttingen Campus or other scientific institutions who are members of institutions (e.g. excellence clusters) or alliances (e.g. Collaborative Research Centres, Research Training Groups, Research Groups) of the University. The measures must be financed from DFG funds.
- There is a necessity for the child to accompany the parent on the business trip.
- There is a necessity for the child and a child care provider to accompany the parent on the business trip.
- The period of absence for the business trip, conference trip or training and qualification course extends beyond the normal opening times of the child care facility or school.
- Justification from the person's supervisor for the measure and confirmation of its occupational relevance.
Non-employees (scholarship, fellow, volunteer, placement student) require a confirmation from their supervising tutor on the relevance of the measure to the academic activities of the applicant at the University of Göttingen.
- A cost estimate
- The program of or the invitation to the event
The subsidy available is a maximum of EUR 500 per year and can be funded if one of the following conditions applies:
The application form must be submitted to the Family Service of the University before trip including the following information:
The cost of child care in form of the subsidy will be paid to you after you have handed in all necessary receipts.
For employees or civil servants of the University, the payment is made by the Human Resource Department with your salary and is therefore subject to taxation. All other members and associates of the university will receive payment through the Family Service.
Application for a financial subsidy for child care costs during business trips or training and qualification courses
Go back to the overview on child care services