The foundation model
The main characteristics of the foundation model are:
- Legal independance of the University vis-à-vis the state of Lower Saxony enabling the University to a more independant organisation.
- With a view to the benefits of the new foundation tax law the Foundation University can provide for long-term foundation assets, whereas the revenues serve as a supplement to the state funds.
- Both economic management and accounting of the Foundation confom to business principles; apart from some exceptions, the Lower Saxony Financial Regulation does not apply.
- With the the function as both employer and employer with legal authority the Foundation can provide for a human resource management with foresight. The Presidential Board appoints the professors in agreement with the University Foundation Committee.
- The University's property constituting its basic assets shall be managed efficiently without bureaucratic obstacles.
- As an institution of civil society the foundation gives rise to a stronger identification of students, former students and employees with the Foundation University.
- The members of the University Foundation Committee provide for a close intertwining of University and society.