The Atomdroid App has been released
An application for Android platforms has been recently released. It can be used as a molecular viewer/builder but also gives the opportunity to carry out small calculations using the UFF force field (in accordance to the Open Babel implementation). Its features include:
- molecular viewing (compatible with xyz and pdb files)
- molecular building (export to xyz)
- PDB downloader (requires the Internet permission, downloads compressed pdb to save on your data plan)
- local optimization (L-BFGS and Powell algorithms)
- Monte Carlo simulation and analysis
Feel free to download the application and try it out for yourself. Here is the permanent link in the Android Market. The most recent APK can be downloaded here.