University of Göttingen - Erasmus Mundus Action 2
Erasmus Mundus Global Partnerships (Action 2)
For the past 7 years, the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen has been involved in a total number of 49 Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects. The Georg-August-Universität Göttingen acted as main coordinator in 9 of these projects, of which 5 are still ongoing today. In addition to this, the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is, or has been, a partner in 40 further projects, 18 of which are currently still active.
Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Team at the University of Goettingen
Overview of the Action
EMA2 is a co-operation and mobility scheme in the area of higher education co-operation launched by Europe Aid cooperation Office and implemented by the Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
The Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) objective is to enhance the mobility of researchers, students and academic staff between the higher education institutions (HEIs) from EU and from HEIs from Third Countries. It aims at achieving better understanding and mutual enrichment between the European Union and third countries co-operation in the field of higher education through promoting the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills at higher education level. This will be achieved through the promotion of partnerships and institutional co-operation exchanges between European Higher Education Institutions and Third Country institutions, and a mobility scheme addressing student and academic exchanges.
The University of Göttingen is involved in total 40 EMA2 partnerships, and in nine of them (EXPERTS, EXPERTS II, ALRAKIS, MARCOXXI, EXPERTS III, ALRAKIS II, NAMASTE, EXPERTS4Asia and EXPERTS - SUSTAIN) Göttingen is the Coordinator.
More specifically, EMA2 aims:
- To enhance the international co-operation capacity of universities in third countries;
- To promote co-operation between sending and hosting institutions;
- To enable students to benefit linguistically, culturally and educationally from the experience of pursuing academic studies in another country, and to promote EU values;
- To improve the transparency and recognition of studies and qualifications, in particular building on the "acquis" and achievements gained of the Bologna process in this area;
- To provide good students from vulnerable groups with higher education;
- To enhance the skills and qualifications of foreign higher education staff so that they can contribute actively towards the improvement of quality education;
- To build the capacity of the administration and public and private sector through the participation of their staff in higher education mobility activities (especially through doctorate and post-doctorate activities);
- To enhance in the medium term the political, cultural, educational and economical links between the European Union and Third-countries;
EXPERTS I & II Consortia Meeting and EXPERTS III Kick Off Meeting, 30 October - 1 November 2012, at Bogor Agricultural University (IPB), Bogor, Indonesia
Click to download to view above picture in high resolution
For more information: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/programme/action2_en.php