Prof. Dr. Martin Kappas
- Remote Sensing / GIS in Climatology and Ecology
- Field- and Laboratory-Spectrometry (ASD FieldSpec)
- Assessment of natural landscape potenzial with IT-Methods and Ground-Truth-Data (Land Cover / Land Change)
- Land Cover / Land Use Change
- Landscape degradation esp. in Dry Lands
- Health Geography: Geographical Determinants of Healthand Food Secruity
Member of the Göttingen International Health Network
- Member of DesertNet International [http://www.desertnet-international.org/]
- Geophysics studies (University of Cologne), Geology and Geography studies (University of Bonn).
- After studies employed at the Geological State Office of
North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW).
- Since 1990 scientific assistant at the chair in Physical Geography at the University of Mannheim with areas of responsibility in teaching and research.
- Dissertation (1993) and Habilitation (1998) in Mannheim.
- From October 1998 to November 1999 private lecturer at the University of Mannheim.
- Since 1st of Otober 2000 Professor at the University of Göttingen and Head of the Cartography, GIS and Remote Sensing Departement.