Institut für Allgemeine Staatslehre und Politische Wissenschaften
The Institute for General Theory of State and Political Sciences is an interdisciplinary center of the law faculty of the Georg-August University in Göttingen. The research focus of the institute are questions of general public and constitutional law, constitutional history, church law, comparative law, political science and legal theory.
Seminars are conducted on these subjects, not only for law students but also for students of social sciences, philosophy and other faculties.
The institute possesses a reference library with about 12000 volumes. The portfolio includes among others, the following subjects:
- General Administrative and political theories
- Political science
- German public and constitutional law, administrative law
- Foreign heads of state and constitutional law
- International law
- Church law
- History and legal history
- Philosophy of law and legal theory