Assistant Professor Dr. Thushyanthan Baskaran
- 01/ 2010: University of Heidelberg (Germany), Alfred-Weber-Institute for Economics, Doctorate in Economics.
- 10/ 2000 – 09/ 2004: Free University of Berlin (Germany), Faculty of Economics, Diplom-Volkswirt (equivalent to M.Sc. in Economics).
- Since 10/ 2011: University of Göttingen (Germany), Assistant professor (W1), Department of Economics.
- 09/ 2010 – 09/ 2011: University of Gothenburg (Sweden), Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Economics & Gothenburg Centre of Globalization and Development.
- 10/ 2006 – 08/ 2010: University of Heidelberg (Germany), Research and teaching assistant, Chair for Public Economics.
- 06/ 2005 – 09/ 2006: University of Marburg (Germany), Research and teaching assistant, Chair for Public Economics.
- Public Economics
- Development Economics
- Political Economics
- Election cycles and electricity provision: evidence from a quasi-experiment with Indian special elections,
Journal of Public Economics, accepted (with Yogesh Uppal and Brian Min).
- Identifying local tax mimicking with administrative borders and a policy reform,
Journal of Public Economics, 118, p. 41-51, 2014.
- Soft budget constraints and strategic interactions in subnational borrowing: evidence from the German States, 1975-2005,
Journal of Urban Economics, 71, p. 114-127, 2012.