Dr. Christine Haunhorst
Main scientific interests
- Evolution of Social Relationships
- Population Ecology
- Evolution of Social Behavior
- Biological Conservation
Professional history and field experience
- Since January 2013: PhD Student, Behavioral Ecology. "The adaptive significance of male-female relationships in wild Assamese macaques, Thailand".
- July 2011 - July 2012: Field and Research Assistant in PhD project about novelty seeking in wild vervet monkeys, South Africa.
- July 2010 - March 2011: Diploma thesis; population ecology of the puku antelope in Zambia; University of Würzburg.
- July - September 2008: Field study on feeding ecology of bats, Barro Colorado Island, Panama.
- 2008 - 2011: Studies of Biology, University of Würzburg, Germany (Diplom).
- 2005 - 2008: Studies of Biology, University of Mainz, Germany (Vordiplom).
- Haunhorst C, Heesen M, Ostner J & Schülke O (2017) Social bonds with males lower costs of competition for wild female Assamese macaques, Animal Behaviour 165, 51-60
- Haunhorst C, Schülke O and Ostner J (2016) Opposite-sex social bonding in wild Assamese macaques, American Journal of Primatology 78, 872-882
- Haunhorst C, Schülke O & Ostner J (2016) How female Assamese macaques benefit from opposite-sex social bonds, 11th Ethological Society Meeting (ESM), Göttingen (Presentation)
- Haunhorst C, Schülke O & Ostner J (2015) Costs of competition for access to males in wild female Assamese macaques, 6th European Federation for Primatology Meeting (EFP), Rome (Poster)
- Haunhorst C, Schülke O & Ostner J (2015) The nature of male-female relationships in wild Assamese macaques, 14th Conference of the Gesellschaft für Primatologie (GfP), Leipzig (Presentation)
- Haunhorst C, Schülke O & Ostner J (2014) Male-female bonds in wild Assamese macaques, 25th Meeting of the International Primatological Society (IPS), Hanoi (Poster)
- Blaszczyk M & Haunhorst C (2012) Social behaviour and foraging ecology of vervet monkeys at Soetdoring Nature Reserve, Free State, Primate Ecology and Genetics Group Meeting (Presentation)