Admissions requirements and selection process
Admission to the Master’s degree programme in Taxation is competitive. Admission into the programme is based on proof of relevance of previous studies.
Proof of relevance of previous studies
- A minimum of six semesters of study culminating in a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent course of study with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in economics or a relevant field.
- Applicants must have completed at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits at the time of application. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications that do not meet this requirement.
- Completed 60 ECTS credits and course work in Business Administration, Economics, and Law including 30 ECTS credits in Finance, Corporate Taxation, Public Finance, Microeconomics, and Law.
- As part of fulfilling the minimum of 30 ECTS course requirements in Finance, Business Administration, Taxation, Microeconomics and Law:
- A minimum of 18 ECTS must be completed in either Business Taxation, Finance, or Law
- A minimum of 18 ECTS from the modules must be from coursework that is of intermediate or advanced levels
- A minimum of 12 ECTS credits completed in Mathematics, Statistics, or Econometrics.
Proof of relevant language skills
- If German is not your native language, you will need to submit proof of your German language skills (for a list of accepted documents, see: "Required application documents").
- If you have not completed your degree at the time of application, the current average score will be calculated.
- For courses to be considered intermediate or advanced, the course content must clearly go beyond introductory or basic concepts.
- Determining the relevance of previous studies for the M.Sc. Taxation programme will be based on the documents enclosed in the application (see: "Required application documents").
The selection process is a two-stage process. The initial selection round will evaluate candidates based on their written application. The second round will evaluate candidates based on personal interviews. Further information on the application process and eligibility requirements can be found in the admission regulations ("Ordnung über die Zugangsvoraussetzungen und über die Zulassung") for the Master’s degree in Taxation (see: "Admission regulations").