Design Science und Design Thinking - B.Sc.
- UniVZ: 801469
- Cycle: Every winter and summer term
- Credits: 6 ECTS (6 KP)
- Courses of study: Vertiefung Wirtschaftsinformatik: Standardsoftware, Referenzmodelle, Systementwicklung, Wahlbereich Wirtschaftswissenschaften
- Type of teaching and learning: Lecture 1 SWS, exercise course 1 SWS, self-study
- Examination: Case studies, term paper and presentations, written exam 90 min.
- Lecturer: Dr. Benedikt Brendel
- Supervisor: Tim-Bejamin Lembcke
- Language: German
Winter Term 2018/2019
- Lecture session: Thursday, 14.15 - 15.45, ZHG 002 (first date: 18.10.2018)
- Exercise session: Thursday, 14.15 - 15.45, ZHG 002 (first date: 25.10.2018)
- Lectures and exercises alternate weekly!
- All lessons will be recorded and published on StudIP if the majority of students attend the lectures regularly.
- Date of first examination: 21.02.2019, 14.00-16.00, E-Examination at MZG 1.116
- Date of second examination: 11.04.2019, 14.00-16.00, E-Examination at MZG 1.116
Become familiar with the design paradigms of design science and design thinking. Gain an overview over design artefacts, design theories and their contribution to theory and practice. Comprehend the fields of application of design thinking in practice. Learn how to create a design artefact, evaluate them prototypically and how to put them in a design context.
Overview of the module contents
- Blocks of theory and practice-oriented lectures
- Exercise courses based on case studies and complementary literature
- Hevner A.R., March S.T., Park J., Ram S. (2004) Design Science in Information Systems Research. MISQ 28:75–105.
- Gregor S., Jones D. (2007) The anatomy of a design theory. JAIS 8:312–334.
- Iivari J. (2015) Distinguishing and Contrasting two Strategies for Design Science Research. EJIS 24:107–115.
- Peffers K., Tuunanen T., Niehaves B. (2018) Design science research genres: introduction to the special issue on exemplars and criteria for applicable design science research. EJIS 27:129–139.