- 2003-2006 Bachelor of Science in International Business with a major in Finance from Maastricht University and the Saint Mary's University, Halifax, Canada
- 2006-2008 Master of Science in Management from Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Oct. 2008 - Mar. 2014 Research Assistant and Ph.D. Student at the Chair of Finance, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 10/2010 - 12/2010 Research Stay at the Centre for Financial Risk at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- 03/2014 Doctorate in Economics
- Since May 2014 Assistant Professor ('Habilitand') at the Chair of Finance
- Since May 2019 Program Coordinator B.Sc. Business Administration
Teaching Summer Term 2019
- Corporate Governance
- Executive Compensation
- Corporate Risk Management
- Current Working Papers
- After the Stock Options Boom: IFRS Adoption and Changes in Equity-Based Pay
The International Journal of Accounting (forthcoming)
(with R. Gillenkirch and O. Korn)
- Expensing Performance-Vested Executive Stock Options - Is There Underreporting under IFRS 2?
Journal of Business Economics, (forthcoming)
- How to Hedge When The Payment Date Is Uncertain?
Journal of Futures Markets, Vol 39(4), 481-498.
(with Olaf Korn)
- What Have We Learned from SFAS 123r and IFRS 2? A Review of Existing Evidence and Future Research Suggestions
Journal of Accounting Literature, Vol 37 (2017), p. 14-33.