Welcome to the Internship & Job Service at the Faculty of Social Sciences!
A degree in Social Sciences offers you a wide range of job opportunities. The team of the Internship & Job Service is here to help you find your way through these opportunities. We support you in finding the profession that suits you, assist you in finding an internship and provide you with strategies that help you get your first job after university.
What exactly can we do for you?
- We do personal counselling on job opportunities for social scientists and on how to find an internship, how to get credit points for your internship and how to enter the job market after university
- We check your application documents for internships and job applications in Germany
- We set up an online job market for interns and graduates, and maintain partnerships with employers (not only) from around Göttingen, who regularly hire students of the Faculty of Social Sciences as interns
- We lend books, a weekly magazine with job advertisements and other material concerned with the topic of internships and jobs for social scientists
- We organize the SoWi GO! – a job and internship fair for Social Sciences students
- We offer the Alumni-lecture series "Berufsperspektiven für Studierende der Sozialwissenschaften" (job opportunities for Social Science students)
- We teach/coordinate seminars and workshops within key competencies modules
How about German language requirements?
Many of our offers require German language skills. We do, however, try to make as many of our services as possible available to students who do not speak German. If you are interested in any of our services, please e-mail us and we will try to find individual solutions: PraktikumUndBeruf@sowi.uni-goettingen.de.