Information for prospective master students at the Faculty of Humanities
You have to take the following steps in order to begin your master studies at the Faculty of Humanities:
1. A successful online-application is the first step for your master studies.
2. After your online-application we'll check your documents. In a few weeks you will receive either an admission letter or a letter of refusal.
3. After receiving an admission letter you have to enroll for your major programme. Module packages (minor programmes) will be added to your FlexNow account by the Examination Office later.
4. After successful enrollment you can register for the courses of your master programme/your master programmes.
5. If you have not provided your BA degree certificate by the application you have to send it to the master coordination by November, 15th (for the current winter semester) or by May, 15th (for the current summer semester). Excluded from this regulation are students with a BA degree from the University of Göttingen (see column on the right hand side).
According to the new rule it is possible to receive an extension of the deadline for providing the BA degree certificate until March, 31st (for the current winter semester) or until September, 30th (for the current summer semester). An extension of the deadline for providing the BA degree certificate until the end of the current semester is possible in the following two cases:
a) only the BA thesis is missing or
b) the BA thesis has already been submitted and max. 6 ECTS are missing.
The master coordinator will check which master students can receive an extension of the deadline for providing the BA degree certificate and will inform the students.
6. If you have got a learning agreement, you have to complete the BA modules from the learning agreement within your first two semesters. Please note that you cannot register in FlexNow for the modules from the learning agreement. Please inform your teacher about this issue and ask him/her as well as the study counselor of your department to sign the form for learning agreement. In addition you have to send the fulfilled and signed form for learning agreement to the master coordination.
Please notice that the BA modules from the learning agreement cannot be considered for your master degree.
We recommend to all new students to take part in the orientation week (it is offered each winter semester, see column on the right hand side). Students, who begin their studies in the summer semester, should contact their study and examination counselor at the Faculty as well as the study counselor at the department (programme coordinator).