Application Higher Semester (Restricted Admission)
This description applies for students who are looking to change over to a restricted-admission programme at Göttingen into a higher semester.
During the application and enrolment process we will send updates and information to your registered mail account.
Certificate of Transferable Credits
Please contact the appropriate subject-specific academic advisory service in the faculties in order to receive your Certificate of Transferable Credits.
Online data input and upload of your documents
Enter your personal data and specify your desired degree programme on the application and enrolment portal. Upload the required documents, then submit your application in order to participate in the application procedure.
- Certificate of transferable credits for completed examination prerequisites and examination results from the authority responsible in Göttingen for the subject.
- University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate or equivalent)
- confirmation of periods of study from the university previously attended, specifying the university and subject semesters already completed
- the form "Additional information for the admission application", including all required evidence
- where applicable, a certificate of service (for military or civil service, or a social year,...)
- where applicable, a detailed statement of the grounds for lodging a hardship application (medical certificates, expert opinions, ...)
Important: A full and complete translation of any certificates not issued in German (EU) must be submitted.
Admission / Refusal
Your application will be evaluated by the University. You will be notified of admission or rejection by e-mail. In the event of admission, you have to accept the university place directly on the application and enrolment portal by lodging your application for enrolment.
Online enrolment and upload of your documents
In order to enrol, you are required to upload your enrolment documents enrolment documents on the application and enrolment portal and enter some additional data.
- Original insurance certificate for students from a statutory health insurance fund (AOK, BEK, DAK, etc.). Students covered by private health insurance must obtain a certificate from their health insurers stating that they are exempt from statutory health insurance.
- For foreign prospective students only: evidence of German language proficiency (DSH test)
Please note: certificates in any language other than German must be submitted in the form of a certified translation.
Transferring the Tuition Fee
Please remit the semester fees to the University now. Your enrolment can only be finalised after your payment has been received. Please enter your applicant number and your name on the remittance slip!
Payee („Empfänger”): Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Account with Nord/LB Hannover
IBAN DE57 2505 0000 0199 9537 04
BIC/SWIFT-Code NOLA DE 2H
Please enter the following information into the "reference" field:
- Your matriculation nummber (or registration/application number)
- Your surname and given name
- The semester of reference (e.g. winter semester 20xy)
Confirmation by the University
You will be mailed a confirmation automatically.
Note: For admission into some language programmes you need to fulfil specific language requirements (see Subjects from A - Z).
Change of university: students changing over between identical programmes within Germany are not classified as lateral entrants but as "university changers" (see link on the right).