List of the newly organised centres
On the basis of the guidelines for the setting of contextual and structural characteristics of centres from the 17th of December 2009 the Senate Commission for the Planning of Development and Finance issued the suggestion to give eleven centres the status of a centre of the University of Göttingen. These centres have already been established or shall arise from the fusion of existing centres.
In the humanities and social sciences these are:
- Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CEMEAS)
- Centre for Modern Indian Studies (CeMIS)
- Centrum Orbis Orientalis et Occidentalis (CORO) through fusion of the current CORO and KEMA
- Goettingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH)
- Centre for Empirical Research of Education and Schooling (ZeUS)
- Centre for Research of the Medieval Period and Early Modern Period (ZMF)
In the natural and life sciences these are:
In resolutions on the 9th of June 2010 and the 11th of August 2010 the Senate and Presidium followed the recommendations. The responsible committees and bodies are currently dealing with the ordinances on which the formation resolutions will be based.