Master Seminar "Crucial Topics in Information Management" - M.Sc.
- Module: Crucial Topics in Information Management
- Module number lecture: M.WIWI-WIN.0004
- UniVZ: 800146
- Cycle: Every winter term
- Credits: 12 ECTS
- Required prior knowledge: None
- Courses of study: Master WI, Master Ufü
- Type of teaching and learning: Seminar (2 SWS), groups of 2 students, maximum of 20 participants
- Each seminar paper will be prepared by a group of two students. First pre-registered, first served.
- Examination: Attendance at seminar dates, handing in a seminar paper, and holding a presentation. Presentation (approx. 30 minutes) with written seminar paper elaboration (max. 8000 words per person)
- Language: English
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Lutz M. Kolbe
- Contact: Tim-Benjamin Lembcke
- For information on a certain topic, please contact the corresponding tutor directly.
- Pre-Registration period starts on 01.09.2019, 00:01 (CEST), and is carried out via email to Tim-Benjamin Lembcke. Please do only register individually (group or topic preferences as well as group registrations won't be considered). Registration ends on 30.09.2019 or when all places are taken, whatever may be first. Registration mails prior to this date will not be considered for the pre-registration process. Registration confirmation mails will be sent out after the registration deadline. Please note: It is mandatory to pre-register. Topic selection will be done on a first pre-registered, first served manner during the kick-off meeting. Students individually select their topic preferences and, in sum, all topics need to be carried out by teams of exactly two students. Given an uneven number of students that participate, one group of three students will be formed. There is thus no guarantee that you will receive your desired topic with a particular fellow student..
- An online registration with the Examination Office via FlexNow is mandatory. The registration in FlexNow will be opened in October. Binding registration at FlexNow until 04.11.2019, 23:59.
- Kick-off meeting: 28.10.2019, 10:00-13:00, Room: Large Seminar Room (Central University Library, SUB, 1. Floor)
- Handing in the seminar work (both .docx and .pdf) and presentation (both .pptx and .pdf): 05.02.2020, via email to Tim-Benjamin Lembcke
- Date of presentation: 07.02.2020, 09:00-15:00, Room: Large Seminar Room (Central University Library, SUB, 1. Floor)
- Presentation time: Each group will present for 20 min, followed by a 10 min discussion.
(Please note: The topics are subject to change without notice and serve only as preliminary indications. There is no entitlement to working on a specific topic.)
- Exploring the Impact of a Product Owner’s Capabilities on the Dynamic Capabilities of the Team
- Don’t be an Idiot! How to Prevent Asocial Interactions with Chatbots
- Is Making Mistakes Human? The Effect of Typing Errors on the Perceived Humanness and Social Presence of Chatbots
- Designing Personality-Adaptive Chatbots: An Online Experiment
- Shaping Organic Food Purchasing Experiences: The Case of E-Grocery Shopping
- Fostering Digital Well-Being through Smartphone Addiction Recovery Applications: An Experimental Investigation
- How far are they gonna go? Choices and Distance Elasticities in Vehicle Sharing Systems
- Sustainable Business Mobility: How to keep users motivated
- Applying Machine Learning to Predict Demand and Supply in Shared Mobility Systems
The students will carry out research on different topics and present their results at the end of the semester. The seminar will no longer be focused on machine learning!
Pay attention to the guidelines for seminar theses.