Medicine and dentistry (hochschulstart.de)
Application and enrolment in 6 steps
This description pertains to applicants from the EU and EEA as well as citizens of a foreign country with German entitlement to university admission for admission via hochschulstart.de for the subjects of Medicine and Dentistry in the first subject semester. Please additionally read the notes on the University's on selection procedure (HAV) as well as the dates and deadlines for enrolment.
If you want to apply for a higher subject semester, you will find the respective step-by-step instructions (change of university or lateral entry) here. If you are interested in a different degree programme, please go back to the application check.
Online application to hochschulstart.de
For places of study nationwide in subjects that have restricted admission (in Göttingen: Medicine and Dentistry), the application must be made to hochschulstart.de using the online application form.
Admission / Rejection
Your application will be checked by hochschulstart.de. You will be informed of admission or rejection in writing.
Data entry in the Internet
Using our online form (data entry), you can apply for enrolment at the University of Göttingen within the deadline stated in the admission confirmation.
Sending in your documents by mail
After you have entered your data, you will receive the registration number of your application and a form to print out that contains the documents you must then send in to the University by mail.
- University admissions qualification (e.g. university-entrance diploma) as a single, uncertified complete photocopy.
- proof of health insurance (AOK, BVV, DAK, etc.) for students. The original copy is required. Privately insured students must have an notice issued from their health insurance company exempting them for statutory health insurance ("Befreiung von der Pflichtversicherung").
- Only for international applicants: Certification of sufficient knowledge of the German language (DSH test)
Important: Certificates that are not in the German language must be submitted as a certified translation.
Transfer of semester fees
At the same time you mail in your documents, please transfer the semester fees to the University. Your enrolment can only be processed after we have received your payment. Please make sure to state your registration number and name in your transfer!
Payee („Empfänger”): Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Account with Nord/LB Hannover
IBAN DE57 2505 0000 0199 9537 04
BIC/SWIFT-Code NOLA DE 2H
Please enter the following information into the "reference" field:
- Your matriculation nummber (or registration/application number)
- Your surname and given name
- The semester of reference (e.g. winter semester 20xy)
Confirmation from the University
You will automatically receive a confirmation (preliminary student identification, enrolment certificate etc.) by mail.