Method Workshop Empirical Dissertation
Carsten Leo Demming, M.Sc.
Master M.SC. MDM, FRS, MAN, IECO, WIn, WiPäd I und II, BWL D
Master students who are currently working on their theses or are planning to do so in near future.
This two-day workshop methodically supports students who are working on an empirical thesis. Typical methods which are used very often in theses are refreshed and examined more in depth. This includes the use of statistical methods in SPSS such as variance and regression analysis (when possible with student’s own data). This immersion is supplemented by sensible new elements such as mediation and moderation analyses with PROCESS, which are progressively used in theses.
Depending on the students wishes these additional topics would be possible:
- Consultation for choosing an appropriate research design
- Programming questionnaires (Problems in Qualtrics, Unipark)
- Data cleansing (outlier analysis, identifying invalid data)
- Individual problems with datasets
- Hints on how to report results in the thesis
Time and Place:
- Thursday, 06.12.2018, 10:00 - 14:00 Uhr, OEC 2.175 and 14:00 - 16:00 Uhr, MZG 5.111
- Thursday, 13.12.2018, 10:00 - 12:00 Uhr, OEC 2.175 and 12:00 - 16:00 Uhr, MZG 7.153
For master students who are writing their thesis with the Chair of Marketing and Consumer Behavior, participation is recommended.
The contents of this workshop is not part of the thesis’ consultation.
- The registration for the next workshop will be possible until the 03.12.2018 through the form provided on our website (see below).
- The number of participants is limited to 12. Registrations from Master Students of the Department for Marketing and E-Business (formerly MDM) are prioritized.