Papers and Talks since 2017
- The Thomas Souls Ministry: Charismatic Catholicism and Spirit Possessions in a Sepik Community (Papua New Guinea), presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania 31.01.-03.02.2018, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The life of the dead in a Sepik community, presented at the European Society for Oceanists 2017 Conference, 29.06.-02.07.2017, in Munich, Germany.
- Calling the Dead: Spirits, mobile phones and the talk of God in a Sepik community, Institutskolloquium, 08.06.2017, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology Göttingen, Germany.
- The (re-)appropriation of Spirit Beings: Spirits of the Dead and Spirits of God in a Sepik Community, presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Social Anthropology in Oceania, February 7–12. 2017, Līhuʻe, Hawaiʻi.
- Falck, Christiane 2018 (June). The Temporality and Materiality of Life and Death in a Sepik Village, in: Sophie Hooge Seebach and Rane Willerslev (eds.), Mirrors of Passing: Unlocking the Mysteries of Death, Materiality, and Time, Berghahn. (http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title/SeebachMirrors)
- Falck, Christiane forthcoming. Heaven and Ground, Spirit and Body - On the Nyaura Concept of Person in a Context of Religious Change, in: Jürg Wassmann (ed.), Journeys in a Mythological Topography. In the Swamps of the Sepik River in Papua New Guinea.
- Falck, Christiane 2016. Calling the Dead - Spirits, Mobile Phones, and the Talk of God in a Sepik Community (Papua New Guinea), PhD Thesis. Aarhus University and James Cook University: Aarhus and Cairns.
- Falck, Christiane 2014. Livets Materialitet og Immaterialitet - Relationen mellem mennesker og ander i Sepik-regionen i en sociokulturel forandringskontekst. Religion 4: 8-16.
Access dissertation here: 'Calling the Dead: Spirits, Mobile Phones and the Talk of God in a Sepik Community (Papua New Guinea)'