Research of the Knowledge Engineering group covers several aspects of intelligent database systems, logical database security and NOSQL databases.
- CloudDBSOD: Separation of Duties for Cloud Databases
- CloudDBGuard: Implementing Cryptography-based Approaches to Secure Data Management in Cloud Databases (funded by DFG; 2016-2018)
- OntQA-Replica: Intelligent Data Replication for Ontology-Based Query Answering (2014/2015; a project in cooperation with the Future Service-Oriented Computing Lab of Hasso Plattner Institut, Potsdam)
- FamilyGuard: Secure data structures and adaptable encryption for column-family databases (funded by DFG; 2014-2016)
- NoSQL-Net: Managing Linked Data in NoSQL stores under schema evolution (funded by BMBF; 2014/2015)
- CoopQA: Cooperative Query Answering for Conjunctive Queries by Iterative Generalization (funded by DAAD; 2010/2011)
- preCQE: Preprocessing for Controlled Query Evaluation