Affiliations & Cooperations
- Göttingen Center of Modern Humanities
- DFG Research Unit "Popular Seriality: Aesthetics and Practice"
- Promotionskolleg "Theorie und Methodik der Textwissenschaften und ihrer Geschichte"
- Promotionskolleg "Wertung und Kanon: Theorie und Praxis der Literaturvermittlung in der nachbürgerlichen Wissensgesellschaft"
The following links help you to keep up with current developments in American and/or global academic life:
- For recent articles, discussions, controversies, reviews, links, etc. go to Aldaily.com . This site, provided by The Chronicle of Higher Education, is updated daily.
- To keep up with current events in the United States, the best websites are by The New York Times and The Washington Post.
- For recent book reviews (mostly popular), check out the websites of The New York Review of Books and The New York Times Book Review. Be aware, however, that these publications address a general readership. For more expert current research, especially on American cultural history and literature, you still need to go to the printed journals listed above.
- For further web resources on American Studies, see the "New American Studies Web," which features helpful news and links at http://www.georgetown.edu/ crossroads/asw. Closer to home - and indispensable for any student in the English Department - is the SUB's "Anglistik Guide\" which, despite its title, provides many important resources for "Amerikanistik" (American Studies) as well. It can be found at: http://www.anglistikguide.de.
- A good news and discussion group of American Studies is provided by the H-Amstdy Discussion Network. You can sign up at http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~amstdy.