The main objective of the India Office is to facilitate, coordinate and support the academic exchange activities and research cooperation projects with partner institutions in India, commensurate with the University's international strategy. Other objectives are:
- Promote exchange opportunities of faculties and students One-Stop-Advice Center for Study & Research in Göttingen as well as for the outgoing students and faculties to India.
- Provides strategic advice to the faculties and the University on issues related to India and developing and scaling up University/Faculty level collaborations and partnerships.
- Organize and support: Thematic Workshops Summer and Winter Schools, Göttingen Luminary Talks, Science and Education Fairs, Göttingen Day with Scientific and Cultural Activities, and Alumni Network.
- Provide administrative support and front office for the University's international collaborations in India and in the region.
- Co-ordination and organization of visits by University representatives to India and incoming visits by delegations from India to Göttingen.