Yuanwei Xu (Coco) is a member of the Research Training Group 1723 “Globalization and Development” under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Lukas Menkhoff. She holds a Master degree in Development Economics from Georg-August-Univesität Göttingen and a Bachelor degree in Accounting (graduating with two double degrees in Finance and Economics respectively, and one minor degree in Law Science) from Nanjing University in China.
In the course of her studies she gained work experience from Huawei Technologies Co. as well as Deloitte (Shanghai Office). She has also acquired research experience in RTG1666 GlobalFood and Chair of Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer in University of Göttingen, as well as at Department of Accounting in Nanjing University.
Her research interests comprise Applied Econometrics (with a focus on Chinese Economy), Financial Economics, Development Finance, Machine Learning, Geospatial Economics, Health Economics, Impact Evaluation and RCT.
- 2017-2018: MA Development Economics from Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 2013-2017: Bachelor of Accounting from Nanjing University (graduating with two double degrees in Finance and Economics respectively, and one minor degree in Law Science)
- 2015-2016: One-year exchange studies in Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Applied Econometrics / Chinese Economy
- Financial Economics / Development Finance
- Machine Learning
- Geospatial Economics
- Health Economics
- Impact Evaluation / RCT
Current Work / Ongoing Projects / Projects
- 1. Financial Economics / Development Finance
- Financial Stress Predicts Equity Premium. Joint work with Dr. Fabian Baetje and Prof. Dr. Lukas Menkhoff.
- Mobile Money Usage, Financial Education, and Business Performance in Western Uganda. Joint work with Jana Hamdan, J-Prof. Dr. Tim Kaiser, Katharina Lehmann-Uschner, and Prof. Dr. Lukas Menkhoff.
- 2. Applied Econometrics / Chinese Economy
- Housing Price, Fertility, Health, and Mental Distress. Joint work with Feicheng Wang, PhD.
- Administrative Discretion and Corporate Conservatism. Joint work with Prof. Xiang Li, PhD.
- Vocational or General Education? A RDD & Matching Analysis in China.
- 3. Geospatial Economics
- Domestic Violence in the Aftermath of Earthquakes: Evidence from Peru. Joint work with Laura Diniz Penteado de Barros.
- 4. Health Economics
- Socio-demographic Correlates of Alcohol Use and Association with Diabetes, Hypertension, and Hyperlipidemia in Low and Middle-income Countries. Joint work with Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer and the HPACC Team.
Previous Work Experiences
- 10/2017-03/2018: Student Research Assistant in RTG1666 GlobalFood and Chair of Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer in Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 07/2017-10/2017: Junior Financial Specialist in Huawei Technologies Co.
- 07/2015-08/2015: Anti-fraud Intern at Deloitte (Shanghai Office)
- 09/2014-02/2015: Student Research Assistant at Department of Accounting in Nanjing University
- 09/2013-07/2014: Student Assistant in School of Business in Nanjing University
Conference / Seminar / Workshop Presentations
- 2019: GlaD Workshop (Hannover), Development Economic Seminar (Gö), GeoData in Economics Workshop (Hamburg)
- 2018: HPACC Workshop (Gö), Developement Economic Seminar (Gö)
- Statistics: Stata, R, Matlab, Gretl, Eviews, SPSS, SAS
- Programmings: Python
- Geographics: ArcGIS, QGIS
- Business: SAP, Content Management System
- Others: Microsoft Offices, Latex, Lyx
- Winter Semester 2018/19: Advanced Microeconomics (tutorial, graduate level, Uni Gö)
- Chinese (native)
- English (fluent)
- German (advanced, C2 level)
- French (intermediate)
- Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish (basic)
- Niedersachsenstipendium from Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- People's Scholarship (2nd class) from Nanjing University