Yuanwei Xu (Coco) is a member of the Research Training Group 1723 “Globalization and Development” under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Lukas Menkhoff. She holds a Master degree in Development Economics from Georg-August-Univesität Göttingen and a Bachelor degree in Accounting (graduating with two double degrees in Finance and Economics respectively, and one minor degree in Law Science) from Nanjing University in China.
In the course of her studies she gained work experience from Huawei Technologies Co. as well as Deloitte (Shanghai Office). She has also acquired research experience in RTG1666 GlobalFood and Chair of Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer in University of Göttingen, as well as at Department of Accounting in Nanjing University.
Her research interests comprise Applied Econometrics (with a focus on Chinese Economy), Financial Economics, Development Finance, Machine Learning, Geospatial Economics, Health Economics, Impact Evaluation and RCT.
- 2017-2018: MA Development Economics from Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 2013-2017: Bachelor of Accounting from Nanjing University (graduating with two double degrees in Finance and Economics respectively, and one minor degree in Law Science)
- 2015-2016: One-year exchange studies in Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Applied Econometrics / Chinese Economy
- Financial Economics / Development Finance
- Geospatial Economics
- Health Economics
- Winter Semester 2018/19: Advanced Microeconomics (tutorial, graduate level, Uni Gö)