Johannes Matzat is a member of the Research Training Group “Globalization and Development” in Göttingen and is associated to the chair of International and Development Politics at Heidelberg University under supervision of Prof. Axel Dreher.
He studied as a Master student in International Economics at the Georg-August-University Göttingen. In the course of his studies, he visited the Delhi School of Economics and the University of Copenhagen and gained work experience at the German Economic Research Institute (DIW Berlin) as well as at the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. His research interests comprise Policy and Impact Evaluation, Deep Determinants of Development, Official Development Assistance and the Political Economy of Financial Flows.
- BA International Economics and Development (University of Bayreuth)
- MA International Economics (University of Göttingen)
- Development Economics
- Aid Effectiveness
- Policy and Impact Evaluation
Previous Work Experience
- German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin)
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Konrad Adenauer Foundation (2014 – 2018)
- French (intermediate level)