Qualitative Research Methods
|Type of Course||Seminar|
|Term||Summer term 2020|
|Responsible Instructors||Gregory, Robert Wayne, Prof. Dr.|
|Dates and Times||Dates in UniVZ|
Registration starts on April 1st, 2020: Registration form
In case of questions, please send an e-mail to Nicole Neuss (email@example.com).
Course and content:This course addresses first and second year IS doctoral students and introduces them to qualitative research methods commonly used in business information systems research, especially case study research. The course also introduces one of the key data collection techniques that is widely used in qualitative research, namely interviews, and discusses one of the key analytical tools for dealing with qualitative data, namely coding. Last, but not least, the course introduces approaches for writing up qualitative research.
Learning outcome / core skills:IS doctoral students attending this course will learn how to / about:
- Put a chosen philosophical perspective and ethics into qualitative research and publishing practice
- apply a variety of advanced research methods in your qualitative research project (e.g., grounded theory, ethnography, engaged scholarship)
- a variety of advanced qualitative data analysis techniques and how to apply them in your project (e.g., advanced triangulation, coding, sampling)
- Theorize based on your qualitative data and how to make a theoretical contribution
- Craft an engaging and convincing story at the level of top-tier journals to get your qualitative work published
Additional information to this course can be found here: UniVZ