No admission requirements.
Learning outcomes/core skills:
After successfully completing this course, the students …
- …know core topics involved in the effective management of digital marketing strategies, tactics, and instruments.
- … know how to create a digital marketing strategy by analyzing the digital landscape.
- … know how to transform marketing strategies into digital marketing objectives and tactics.
- … know how to plan the implementation of strategies and tactics using state of the art digital marketing instruments:
- Digital outbound marketing (reaching out to and targeting consumers; e.g., display advertising).
- Digital inbound marketing (ensuring that consumers can find information about brands; e.g., search engine optimization).
- Social media marketing (motivating consumers to create and disseminate brand-related social media content; e.g., content marketing).
- Mobile marketing (connecting with customers through smartphones and other mobile devices).
- … know developments of latest digital marketing innovations.
- … know how to critically reflect on the concepts and methods of digital marketing management and how to apply them by completing case studies.
Contents of the lecture:
- 1. Digital Marketing Strategy
- 2. Digital Outbound Marketing
- 3. Digital Inbound Marketing
- 4. Social Media Marketing
Real-time Kick-off Meeting:
Date: Friday, 21.04.2023, 04:00 pm via Zoom (Meeting ID: 926 4341 9216, Passcode: 813764)
Slides-Download: click here
Everyday from 12.06.2023 until 16.06.2023 (Part 1) and 03.07.2023 until 07.07.2023 (Part 2), 6:15 - 7:45 p.m.
Part 1: VG 4.101 from 12.06.2023 until 15.06.2023 and 16.06.2023 Online via Zoom (Meeting ID: 926 4341 9216, Passcode: 813764)
Part 2: Online via Zoom (Meeting ID: 926 4341 9216, Passcode: 813764)
- Case study discussion in lecture (2 CP)
- Exam (60 minutes) (4 CP)
- Theoretical and solution-oriented elaboration of digital marketing instruments
- Application of digital marketing concepts
- One case assessment, presentation and discussion in class (collaboration with other students in teams)
Date of written exam: 04.08.2023, 6:15 – 7:45 pm
Room: ZHG 009
Registration: Registration between 21.04.2023 05:00 pm and 28.04.2023 05:00 pm by online form and via Flexnow, registration from 08.05.2023 - 15.05.2023.
Case study presentations:
- Students’ case study presentations on Saturday, 08.07.2023, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 pm, online via Zoom (Meeting ID: 926 4341 9216, Passcode: 813764)