Guest Lectures and Conferences (Selection)
2017 United Kingdom
University of York (14-15 July) Paper: Colonialism, Modernization and the “Modest” Architectural Ambition of the Largest Marian Pilgrimage Site in the World – Aparecida, Brazil.
2016 New Zealand
University of Waikato in Hamilton (28-30 November) New Zealand Political Science Association (NZPSA) Annual Conference 2016. Paper: Is Brazilian Democracy in Crisis? Impeachment, Coups, Populism and the Political Middle Ground. Political Science and Public Policy, School of Social Sciences. (travel expenses and accomodation funded by PSA-UK)
• Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC), Florianopolis (17 December) Guest-Lecture: European Heritage, Religion and the Politics of the EU: Cohesion and Collapse.
• Federal University of Paraná (UFPR), Curitiba (16 December). Guest-Lecture: Syria, Turkey and Refugees in Europe: the Plight of Displaced Peoples in the Eastern Mediterranean.
• Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRS), Porto Alegre (15 December) Immigration Policies in Turkey, Syria and Europe: Cohesion and Collapse.
2015 United Kingdom
University of Oxford (9 December) Conference Paper: Forced Migration in the Eastern Mediterranean: Two Studies on Syrians in Turkey
Lomonosov Moscow State University (8 November) Immigration Policies and Discourses in the EU Member States vis-à-vis the “Refugee Crisis”. Paper given at the 2015 Annual Conference of the Comparative European Politics Specialist Group of the Political Studies Association, UK. “Toward a Broader Discipline: Russia, Europe and New Possibilities for the Study of Comparative European Politics”.
The Swedish Research Institute in Istanbul (April 28-29) Forced Migration and Resilience: Past and Present in the Mediterranean-Swedish Consulate “Between Heaven and Hell: Two Studies on Prejudice and Trauma in the context of Syrian Migration to Turkey and Europe”.
Consultancy Television / Reports
• Pilgrimage with Simon Reeve (2013) [documentary]. Dir. Chris Mitchell. BBC 2. November, 2013.
• “I’ Europe Inch Allah (2015) [documentary]. Dir. Pierre Creisson. ARTE Channel (France and Germany). Upcoming first broadcast. Documentary about Syrian refugees departing from Mersin, Turkey
• DG/AGRI European Commission (2013): an Assessment of the need for an integrated database for agricultural product exporters in the E.U.
• DG/TAXUD European Commission (2013): an assessment of DG/TAXUD’s Communication Activities with stakeholders and its impact on information dissemination related to taxation and custom affairs.
• DG/Employment European Commission (2012). An Evaluation of a European Commission’s Initiative to Minimize Youth Unemployment in Europe.