Beginning with October 1st, 2018, the RTG Understanding Social Relationships offers 12 PhD positions. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (E13 TV L) with 65% of the regular working hours (25.87h) for up to three years.
Ideal candidates have a background in one of the scientific disciplines (or related fields) represented in this RTG. A strong motivation to conduct research, the willingness to engage in scientific exchange with other disciplines and the ability to work independently are essential.
- A good M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Behavioral or Cognitive Biology, Psychology, Linguistics, Psycholinguistics or similar fields
- Very good English skills (written and spoken)
- Good statistical and analytical abilities are a plus (preferentially R or SPSS skills)
- In relation to the chosen project, experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial: observational or experimental studies with human children or adults, deaf adult signers, or non-human primates in captive and / or field conditions, EEG, eye-tracking, individual differences, behavioral endocrinology
- Some projects include prolonged periods of fieldwork in Thailand or Senegal. Candidates interested in these projects must be physically fit and able to cope with field work conditions (working in remote areas, long working hours, intercultural challenges, etc.). Working experience in the field is beneficial
- Some projects include the work with children and German skills are advantageous for those projects
How to apply:
An application requires the submission of the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages), indicating your interest in the RTG and explicitly specifying one to two research projects you are applying for. For detailed information on the projects please see Projects
- Curriculum vitae, including publication list (if applicable)
- Certificates of all university degrees; please provide a translation, if certificates are not in German or English
- Names and full contact details (incl. phone and email) of two academic reference persons
- Certificates of additional qualifications (if applicable)
All documents should be written in English and submitted in pdf form via the application portal.
Closing date is April 10th, 2018 .
Please contact the RTG Coordination office in case of questions (email@example.com).
*Converting and assembling files is possible with various freely available software packages, e.g. the pdf-creator. We do not resume responsibility for the content of webpages we provide links to.