- Stress physiology
- How social adversity and support get “under the skin”
- Gut microbiome and Health
As part of the DFP research group “Sociality and Health in Primate”, this project investigates the social and physiological correlates of aging in a population of wild-living Assamese macaques. More info here
- 2019 – present: PhD student.
Behavioural Ecology Department, University of Göttingen
Ph.D. program Behaviour and Cognition (BeCog).
Sociality and Health in Primate II research group.
PhD subject: Effects of progressing age on energy balance, sociality and health in wild female Assamese macaques (Macaca assamensis)
- 2017 – 2018: MRes Primate Biology, Behaviour and Conservation.
University of Roehampton, London, United-Kingdom.
MRes thesis: A comparison of the Impact of Rank and Rank Stability on Stress Physiology, Inflammation and Allostatic load in semi-free ranging egalitarian Macaca tonkeana and despotic Macaca fascicularis
- 2013 – 2018: College of Veterinary Medicine, Oniris – Nantes Atlantique.
Nantes, France. Diploma of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
- 2009 – 2013: Bachelor’s Degree in biology.
University Pierre and Marie Curie Paris VI, Paris, France. Including a final year exchange program with the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United-Kingdom
- Sadoughi B, Anzà S, Defolie C, Manin V, Müller-Klein N, Murillo T, Ulrich M, Wu D (2022) Parasites in a social world: lessons from primates. in Animal Behavior and Parasitism. Edited by Ezenwa V, Altizer S and Hall R, Oxford University Press. page 35-52. DOI: 10.1093/oso/9780192895561.003.0003
- Miss F, Sadoughi B, Meunier H, Burkart J (2022) Individual differences in co-representation in three monkey species (Callithrix jacchus, Sapajus apella and Macaca tonkeana) in the joint Simon task: the role of social factors and inhibitory control. Animal Cognition https://doi.org/10.1007/s10071-022-01622-8
- Sadoughi B, Schneider D, Daniel R, Schülke O, Ostner J (2022) Aging gut microbiota of wild macaques are equally diverse, less stable, but progressively personalized. Microbiome 10 95, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40168-022-01283-2
- Schülke O, Anzà S, Crockford C, De Moor D, Deschner T, Fichtel C, Gogarten JF, Kappeler PM, Manin V, Müller-Klein N, Prox L, Sadoughi B, Touitou S, Wittig R, Ostner J (2022) Quantifying within-group variation in sociality – covariation among metrics and patterns across primate groups and species. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology
- Sadoughi B, Lacroix L, Berbesque C, Meunier H & Lehmann J. Effects of social tolerance on stress: Hair cortisol concentrations in the tolerant Tonkean macaques (Macaca tonkeana) and the despotic long-tailed macaques (Macaca fascicularis). Stress 0, 1–9 (2021). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10253890.2021.1998443
- Sadoughi B, Girard-Buttoz C, Engelhardt A, Heistermann M, Ostner J (2021) Non-invasive assessment of metabolic responses to food restriction using urinary triiodothyronine and cortisol measurement in macaques. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygcen.2021.113736
- Ballesta S, Sadoughi B, Miss F, Whitehouse J, Aguenounon G & Meunier H. (2021) Assessing the reliability of an automated method for measuring dominance hierarchy in non-human primates. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10329-021-00909-7
- Sadoughi B, Dirheimer M, P Regnard & Wanert F. Surgical management of a strangulated inguinal hernia in a Cynomolgus Monkey (Macaca fascicularis): a case report with discussion of diagnosis, and review of literature , Revue de primatologie [En ligne], 9 | 2018. URL : http://journals.openedition.org/primatologie/3372 ; DOI : https://doi.org/10.4000/primatologie.3372
- Sadoughi B. (2020) Non-invasive monitoring of metabolic responses to food restriction with immunoreactive urinary triiodothyronine and cortisol in captive macaques. 19th Summer Conference of the Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour, Virtual (Presentation)
- Sadoughi B. (2019) Effects of progressing age on energy balance sociality and health in wild female Assamese macaques (Macaca assamensis). 40th Thai Wildlife Symposium, Poster
- Sadoughi B. (2018) The impact of dominance rank on health : Study of hair cortisol and allostasis in tolerant
Tonkean macaques. 31st congress of the French Speaking Society of Primatology (SFDP).
- Sadoughi B. (2016) A case of strangulated inguinal hernia in a Macaca fascicularis. 29th congress of the French Speaking Society of Primatology (SFDP).
- Sadoughi B. (2014) Do Orang-utans like to paint? Preliminary study on stress variations in captivity by salivary cortisol dosage and behavioural observations. 27th congress of the French Speaking Society of Primatology (SFDP).