M.Forst.1611: Exercises in forest inventory (6 C / 4 SWS)
The students shall learn to design, to implement, to document and to cause forest inventory projects autonomously and on a scientific basis. Further on, they shall develop the abilities to optimize and to develop measuring methods related to forests. Therefore, it is crucial to handle common measuring instruments and methods safely.
Courses and examinations
Exercises in forest inventory (Exercise,Lecture) (4 SWS)
- Short repetition about the use of instruments for measuring DBH, upper diameters and heights.
- Planning, preparation and implementation of a sample based forest inventory, including the designing of an inventory instruction.
- Data management (Excel) and analysis after given tasks.
- Formulating a project report.
- Presentation of results in small groups within a seminar for examination.
Oral presentation (ca. 15 minutes) with written outline (15 pages max.)
Prerequisite for examination:
Kenntnis der beschriebenen Lehrinhalte, Erreichung der festgelegten Lernziele und Nachweis der angestrebten Kompetenzen.
Workload: 180 h (56/124 h, Attendance time/Self-study time)
Recommended previous knowledge:
Person responsible for module:
Prof. Dr. Christoph Kleinn
Academic Term each summer semester
Number of repeat examinations permitted:
Maximum number of students: