The knowledge and experience gained through the programme qualifies and enables students to pursue a professional career in the following fields:
- International organizations (e.g. FAO, UNEP, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, etc.)
- Wood processing industry
- Consulting (wood certification, carbon sequestration, watershed management, etc.)
- Research and teaching at universities and international research organizations (CIFOR, ICRAF, etc.)
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Government development organizations (e.g. GIZ).