Certificate Program Applied Statistics and Empirical MethodsThe Centre for Statistics offers an international and interdisciplinary Certificate Program in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods. The certificate is not a university degree but certifies successful participation in courses comprising advanced levels in statistics. The curriculum is closely related to the Ph.D. program in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods.
The Certificate Program is especially designed for
- Ph.D. students from Georg-August-University Göttingen and other universities, who need further skills in statistical or empirical methods for their projects but are not eligible for the Ph.D. program in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods. This applies for students who's supervisors are not member of the Centre for Statistics or for students from research training groups (Graduiertenkollegs).
- Postdocs and non-academic professionals, who want to acquire further skills in statistical or empirical methods.
- sound knowledge of basic statistics and methodology (30 ECTS or equivalent)
- adequate skills in English language (language requirements)
A fee of 300 Euro per semester is charged. PhD students are free of charge.
The Study Program:
In total 20 credit points will be accumulated. These credits will be gained by passing courses in the following three areas:
- at least 12 ECTS in statistical methodology
- at least 6 ECTS in specialization courses
- summer schools (participation fee might be required for accommodation and food)
For further information about the application process please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org