Financial Information Systems
|Type of Course||Lecture and exercise course|
|Term||Summer term 2019|
|Instructors||Muntermann, Jan, Prof. Dr. Metzler, Dennis, M.Sc.|
|Thursday 12:15 - 1:45 p.m., Room ZHG101
Thursday 2:15 - 3:45 p.m. (bi-weekly), Room ZHG 103, ocassionally on Wednesdays (practical exercise in pc pool)
- Introduction to Information Systems (IS)
- Organizing (structured) capital market data
- Semi-structured and unstructured market data
- IT Architectures in the finance sector
- Fintech, digital platforms and crypto currencies
- Understand the basic concepts and components of information systems in the finance sector today.
- Understand and apply concepts and methods to process market data, esp. pricing data.
- Understand and evaluate business requirements of IT architectures and related solution components in finance.
- Understand and compare the differences between different types of FinTech business models.
- Understand the underlying mechanisms of digital platforms and crypto currencies and compare them with traditional approaches.
Further information can be found in UniVZ.