Business Intelligence and Decision Support Systems
|Type of Course||Lecture and exercise course|
|Term||Winter term 2018/19|
|Responsible Instructors||Muntermann, Jan, Prof. Dr. Röder, Jan, M.Sc.|
|Dates/Times/Location||Wednesdays 10/17/2018 - 01/31/2019, 6:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m., ZHG002 Thursday 10/18/2018 - 01/31/2019, 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m., VG. 4101 and MZG 5.111|
|Exam||02/20/2019, 6:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m., ZHG008|
- Conceptual, methodological and technical foundations of Business Intelligence and Decision Support Systems
- System components needed for the collection, analysis and visualization of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Data mining for Business Intelligence
- Web, text and topic mining for Business Intelligence
- Business reporting, performance management and visualization
Learning goals:After a successful completion of the course, students are able to:
- Understand the basic principles of business intelligence (BI) and decision support systems (DSS).
- Know and apply a skillset suited for addressing unstructured decision situations that require advanced data processing and analysis.
- Understand and apply data and text mining methods to analyze both structured and unstructured data.
- Understand and evaluate methods and tools required in modern performance management.
Additional information to this course can be found here: UniVZ