Seminar: Electronic Finance
|Type of Course||Seminar|
|Semester||winter term 2018/2019|
|Course responsible||Muntermann, Jan, Prof. Dr. Torno, Albert, M.Sc. Palmer, Matthias, M.Sc. Röder, Jan, M.Sc.|
|Dates||Tuesday 10/23/18 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 01/15/2019 12:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday 01/16/2019 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
|Exam Dates||Term paper: 01/07/2019 12:00 a.m.
Presentation: 01/14/2019 12:00 a.m.
Contents:This Bachelor seminar has a focus on current and future challenges the financial industry is facing because of the diffusion of information technology (IT). Against this background, the seminar on "Electronic Finance" addresses IT-driven innovations from an institutional, organizational and strategic perspective and deals with two major topics: (1) Innovation techniques and practices of firms and markets and (2) IT management in the financial industry.
Learning outcome / core skills:After successfully completing this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective writing skills and processes by employing the rhetorical techniques of academic writing.
- Understand and apply methods to conduct structured literature reviews.
- Organize, relate and evaluate current topics in the field of Electronic Finance.
- Analyze and relate current topics in financial economics and information systems.
- Present, discuss and defend the results of a written repo
More information regarding the course can be found here: UniVZ