Dr. Sarah Kühl
Sarah Kühl studied business administration at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg and then worked in sales. This was followed by a master's degree in equine science and a doctorate on the topic of "Differentiation strategies based on agricultural production processes in the food market" at the Chair of Marketing for Food and Agricultural Products. Following the PhD, Sarah Kühl took up a position as a research assistant at the Free University of Bolzano (Italy) at the Chair of Livestock Sciences and conducted, i. a., economic analyses of livestock farms there. In 2019, she moved to a management consultancy and worked on projects in the field of strategy alignment for the automotive and telecommunications industries. Ms. Kühl joined the chair as a PostDoc at the beginning of 2021 and is working, i. a., on online purchasing behavior and alternative (digital) marketing concepts.
- Food marketing
- Consumer behaviour and expectations of food and agriculture
- Differentiation and marketing strategies
- Flach, L., Kühl, S., Lambertz, C., Gauly, M. (2021). Environmental impact and food production of small-scale mountain dairy farms at different supplementation levels. In: Journal of Cleaner Production,DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.127429
- Kühl, S., Busch, G., Gauly, M. (2020). How should beef be produced? Consumer expectations and views on local beef production in South Tyrol (Italy). In: British Food Journal, DOI: 10.1108/BFJ-07-2020-0571
- Kühl, S., Zühlsdorf, A., Spiller, A. (2019). "Isn't it all unnatural anyway"? Labeling of flavorings and consumer understanding. In: Ernährungs Umschau, DOI: 10.4455/eu.2019.026
- Kühl, S., Gauly, S., Spiller, A. (2018). Analysing public acceptance of four common husbandry systems for dairy cattle using a picture-based approach. In: Livestock Science, DOI:10.1016/j.livsci.2018.12.022
- Kühl, S., Gassler, B, Spiller, A. (2017). Labeling strategies to overcome the problem of niche markets for sustainable milk products: The example of pasture-raised milk. In: Journal of Dairy Science, DOI: 10.3168/jds.2016-11997
- Digitales marketing in agribusiness (M.Sc.) (since WiSe 2021)
- Ag-related Marketing Claims - Differentiation Strategies Based on Agricultural Production Processes in the Food Market
Research projetcs:"Verbesserung der gesellschaftlichen Akzeptanz ökologischer Tierhaltungssysteme"
Against the background of the social debate about the future of livestock farming in Germany, it is becoming increasingly clear that livestock farming is facing considerable, necessary innovation steps. However, this can only be achieved if the products produced also find a market outlet. Regional initiatives can be a driver of sustainable development. Within the framework of the research project, innovative marketing concepts for products from sustainable, regional livestock farming will be designed and analyzed as an example in southern Lower Saxony. The project is funded by the state of Lower Saxony.
"Entwicklung und Erprobung eines Klimalabels für Lebensmittel in Niedersachsen (EEKlim)"
In order to achieve international and national sustainability goals, environmentally conscious nutrition has increasingly moved into the public interest and political discussions. In addition to transformation processes in agriculture and the food sector, consumers are also seen as playing an important role. The planned project therefore aims to develop a scientifically based framework concept for a climate label and to test its practicability for the agricultural and food sector in Lower Saxony. The label to be developed is to be designed in such a way that environmentally friendly consumption and production patterns are promoted in the food sector. The project is funded by the Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection.
"Analyse von Vermarktungswegen für Erzeugnisse einer nachhaltigen Nutztierhaltung am Beispiel Südniedersachsens" (completed)