Dr. Winnie Isabel Sonntag
Dr. Winnie Sonntag turned her interest in agriculture into a career by studying agricultural science with a focus on agribusiness at the University of Göttingen. She then deepened her knowledge with a doctorate at the Chair of Marketing for Food and Agricultural Products on the topic of "Trade-offs in livestock farming - An empirical analysis of societal expectations". Subsequent work as a product owner for mobile apps at 365FarmNet allowed her to gain deep insights into the world of agile software development, the online usage behavior of farmers, and the marketing of digital products. These experiences are now being incorporated into her research and teaching. Her two main research focuses are currently digitalization in agriculture and the social perception of livestock farming.
- Digitalisation in the agricultural context
- Digital transformation in agribusiness
- Attitudes towards farm animal husbandry
- Societal handling of conflicting goals within livestock farming
- Digital marketing in agribusiness
- Sales management in agribusiness
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in agribusiness: Social expectations as management challenges
- Supervision of Bachelor's and Master's theses on the above-mentioned topics
- Sonntag, W. I., Wienrich, N., Severin, M., Schwering, D. S. (2022). Precision Farming–Nullnummer oder Nutzbringer?. Berichte über Landwirtschaft-Zeitschrift für Agrarpolitik und Landwirtschaft. https://doi.org/10.12767/buel.v100i2.411
- Schwering, D. S., Bergmann, L., Sonntag, W. I. (2022). How to encourage farmers to digitize? A study on user typologies and motivations of farm management information systems. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 199, 107133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2022.107133
- Schwering, D. S., Sonntag, W. I., Kühl, S. (2022): Agricultural E-Commerce: Attitude Segmentation of Farmers, in: Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 197; 106942: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2022.106942.
- Langer, G., Schaper, C., Sonntag, W. (2022): Ein konzeptioneller Beitrag zur Untersuchung der Akzeptanz deutscher Milchviehhalter zur Digitalisierung in der Milchproduktion. Berichte über Landwirt-schaft, in: Berichte über Landwirtschaft 100 (1): 1-19.
- Sonntag, W.I., Ermann, M., Spiller, A., von Meyer-Höfer, M. (2021): Im Streit um die Nutztierhaltung: Gesellschaftsorientierte Kommunikationsstrategien für die Agrar- und Ernährungswirtschaft, in: GJAE 70 (1): 1-16 DOI:10.30430/70.2021.1.1-16
- Conflicting goals in livestock farming - An empirical analysis of societal expectations
Research projects:SocialLab I - "Nutztierhaltug im Spiegel der Gesellschaft"
SocialLab II - "Akzeptanz durch Innovation"
Barely a day goes by without critical reports about livestock production. Even though criticism varies greatly depending on the perspective: Only a small number of people are happy with the current situation. In order to address this issue and to find goal-oriented, balanced and ethically justifiable solutions, it is necessary to break down the criticism towards current types and practices of livestock production by different social groups in a sophisticated way and to better understand its numerous dimensions. This is the task of the joint project Sociallab II, where a total of eight partners have joined forces and are working together on five work packages following an interdisciplinary approach.