University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
The University of Agricultural Sciences Bangalore, a premier institution of agricultural education and research in the country, began as a small agricultural research farm in 1899 on 30 acres of land donated by Her Excellency Maharani Kempa Nanjammanni Vani Vilasa Sannidhiyavaru, the Regent of Mysore, and appointed Dr. Lehmann, German Scientist, to initiate research on soil crop response with a Laboratory in the Directorate of Agriculture.
The UAS came into existence on October 1, 1965, and began its academic activities by offering in degree programs in Agriculture and Veterinary disciplines. Later, degree programmes in Fishery, Horticulture, Dairy Science, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Forestry, Sericulture and Agricultural Engineering were established.
Currently the recently and newly created Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University with headquarters at Bidar, is offering the Veterinary science, Dairy science and Fishery science degree programs.