Excellent Research with Impact
The diverse research fields of the faculty overlap in three key areas: Compliance and Governance, Marketing and Consumer Science and Global Change and Development. These research areas transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries. In doing so, these research areas help foster interdisciplinary collaboration across all the subject areas including business economics, information systems, economic and social history, statistics and econometrics.
Researchers and academics from different subject areas collaborate on joint research projects as well as in interdisciplinary centres across the university:
- Centre for European Governance and Economic Development (cege)
- Centre for Global Migration Studies (CeMig)
- Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CeMEAS)
- Centre for Modern Indian Studies (CeMIS)
- Centre for Statistics (ZfS)
- Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH)
- Institute for Small Business Economics (ifh)
- Research Centre "Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Developing Countries"
- Sino-German Institute of Social Computing (SGISC)
Professors of the Faculty coordinate the following Research Training Groups (RTGs) funded by the German Research Foundation: “Globalization and Development” (RTG 1723) and “Scaling Problems in Statistics” (RTG 1644).
In addition, the Faculty of Business and Economics has a strong focus on applied research and teaching. Faculty researchers often conduct studies for various industries and associations. Numerous collaborative projects, in particular, those that are funded by federal ministries, are often conducted with external parties.
Click here for further information on the faculty’s research areas.